Sunday, July 27, 2008

MCKL Treasure Hunt

Whee~! Finally, that's over! Now we can all sleep! The planning was really fun but it was tiring, still all of us enjoyed ourselves!!! I think Friday was the most taxing on all of us especially on the senior student council comm., I heard they slept really late. We had to reach college at 5:30 in the morning to prepare and thank God Eunice offered me a ride or else I wouldn't make it.

Hehehe...I'm proud of the black shirt we got! *sweat*... I prefer the black shirt over the white. Me and Eunice were the first ones to reach, so it was kinda weird being alone in college without anyone else. All the student council members filed in before 6 and we got to work straight away. Mr JP makes us stick to the 'system' and the schedule very closely, and besides, all of us despite being tired, we sorta feel pumped up, okay maybe that's me only. HAHAHAHA

Some were really going all the way out to win; so here's a question for you...If you were a participant, would you be running up and down the shopping complex hunting for clues or would you leisurely walk???

It's obvious most of them would be running rite? Hahahaha...guess what!? Seems that the Lot 10 security guards didn't know there was a Treasure Hunt event going on, they said we didn't obtain approval from the management and we have no right to barge in. Ok, yes technically our management didn't get the approval done properly so the Lot 10 security guards does have the right to chuck us out but hey.. You don't have to be so rude rite?

The participants were running around the complex and it was creating disturbance or so it seems. The tennants, especially Delifrance was complaining. (which I don't blame them) So the Head of Security came to speak to me. Why? Cause, I'm the only one wearing black and I think it must have gave them the idea that I was in charge.

"What is going on here!?"

"Er..we're having a treasure hunt contest."

"By who?"

"Methodist College."

"You didn't get our approval! And your not suppose to be running around!"

"Sorry sir..er..sorry.."


He just stalked off before I could speak any further. Then after 5 minutes he came again.


"Your students are very rude!They were running, so we stop them and they blame us some more!! I'm not going to allow this. You get them out now!"


When I heard this, I paniced and called Mr JP. I was told to speak to the Head again and hand him Mr JP's number so they work things out. Before I even finish talking to Mr JP, the Head came to me again..


"I'm going to chase them out now!!! (he signaled his 'men') You don't have our approval!!"


Then all the security guards starting chasing all the participants out while I'm trying to push them in or direct them to Bintang Walk first. I was on the verge of tears but thank God, Mr Micheal was coming down the escalator, so he helped me out with the talking bit while I try to direct the traffic. My phone was ringing off the hook! All the participants were calling to complain. *sigh* This was the moment that made me feel so frustrated that I could break down soon...


So a thank you to Mr Micheal and also Mr Harry for coming to my rescue!! All in all the event was okay except for the few glitches here and there. The 16 of us in the student council manage to pull through the event without much problems, thanks to our lecturers and the non-acedemic staff who actively helped us like Mr JP our student council advisor, Ms Angeline, Ms Jennifer, Mr Maniam and all the others! It's a real pleasure to work with all of ya!


http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=139252&l=7b0de&id=567510583

No comments: