Tuesday, December 18, 2007

CU Girls Christian Camp (Dec 10-14)

Well it's December again and as usual every year on the second week I'll be off to camp in St Mary's School in Selayang.CU Camp has been around since Ms Cooke's time cause she was the one behind it.She often take her students to Taman Negara away from studies and taught them about God and things outside the text books.


Then when BBGS was demolished,it seemed like it was all going to end but then God opened the door and this camp which once used to be only for BBGS girls is now opened to girls from every other school.I even met girls from JB,Melaka and Ipoh...it's kind of amazing to find people coming in from other states as well.


Going back to camp fo the fourth time really brings back memories and a feeling of familiarity.This year I was invited to go to camp as a subgroup leader and well I was already worn out on the day before camp started.All the leaders have to come to camp a day early to clean up the place and prepare the classrooms,confrence room,canteen and yes....the toilets as well.We all slept in the classrooms if your wondering.Each group has a classroom for themselves and we have to clean it everyday and decorate it(there's always this comp going on for our room deco...).


Hahahaha...my group well never got much points for this part cause we don't have enough stuff toys but we got full marks on the last day!


Okay...confession time,I started going to camp in form 1 and hahaha the funny thing is every year I go to camp I'll surely fall sick.So I never lasted in camp.I got mumps in form 1 and was sent home on the 3rd day of camp cause they don't want me to go about and spread it to other people right?Then in form 2 I got fever and muscle pain,form 3 I didn't go cause I was in Korea,then in form 4,everything went well actually until the last night that is...I got gastric and a touch of food poisoning.(I was the only one sick....)


hahahaha....so thank God,I'm sick free this year!Wei Chiew(a camp personnel and has been attending camp for quite a number of years) has always been helping the camp nurse every year and she told me that every time I see her I'll surely fall sick but this year I saw her and I was okay.You know why???Cause she wasn't helping the camp nurse this year!



I met a number of old friends who I go to camp with and I met a number of new ones too.It was very tiring but I seriously had fun!Being a leader is never easy but it helps to know that you don't need to do things alone.Rachel King,was my leader this year.I think she was more tired than I am...she had to lead 2 subgroups.There are 4 groups every year and each group has 2 subgroups,so the main leaders are often walking about like zombies cause they are super worn out.Plus Rachel came from another camp and it already took out a lot on her...haizz..It's okay Rachel we got your back!



Rachel is really very sweet and it was fun to work with her.She sometimes reminds me of my best friends.She's super whacky and really funny.We spent the entire camp together cause we are leading the same group and we have to discuss about things so often that we were walking about like as if we couldn't be seperated.Someone told me that if they had to look for Rachel,they'll surely find me there and vice versa.


Lights out are at 10:30 every night but me and Rachel won't be sleeping as yet.We'll be talking under the covers and discussing what to do the next day.Sometimes we whisper too loud and we end up bugging the others...hahahaha horrible leaders rite?


Camp was fun this year and the older girls who most of them became personnels this year were patting me on my back congratulating me for lasting through the entire camp without falling sick....hahaha,very funny!I learnt a lot this year though there was one awful experience,this happened on the second day.It was after the hobbies session,when I was happily walking to the canteen for our tea break after a nice sessions of ballon art.Yes,I loved making all the dogs,poodles,elephants and bears!Well I was walking to the table to collect my cup when a very distressed Rachel was walking towards me.I smiled at her and she showed me her purse which was found by one of our group members by the dustbin.I think you know what I'm about to tell you...


Yes,the money was gone.Rachel always puts her purse inside this red bag which she carries everywhere with her but just after siesta I told her to leave it behind since it was gonna be hobbies then games so I thought she could leave it behind.Me and my big mouth!We went back to our main room where we sleep to check if the money had fell out in the bag or not but once we came into the room i saw my bag wide opened as well.I ran towards it to find mine missing as well.Immediately we repeorted it to Ms Moey,we suspected the girl who had returned Rachel's lost purse.I never believe in people who return empty purses...


This made me and Rachel really very miserable and we had to lead the group like as if nothing happened.We found it hard to face the suspected in the group and the fact we had wanted to trust and opted to like the group members the moment we met them.We found more and more evidence that prove our suspicion was right.


By day 3 the theif was unmasked.What made me feel so unforgiving is the fact that she didn't show any remorse and she told her tale like as if it was some mere problem.Ms Moey made her ask forgiveness from me an Rachel but I found it so hard to stretch out my hand to shake hers and look her in the eye to say 'I forgive you."I kept reminding myself I was in a position of a leader.I need to lead the group and I can't let this damage me and the group any further.That was what was going through my mind...at least I hope I held myself straight.


Me and Rachel were still quite miserable but we kept each other strong and manage to lead the group till the last day.Despite all these,I really miss camp a lot!When I came home,I put down all my things and immediately look for the camp booklet and looked at the timetable to see what was next,hahaha...it became a habit the last 5 days and the meal times seems to be disrupted as well.I got used to it not long but it seemed weird not to follow the timetable anymore...But I did come back with wonderful memories and I am looking forward to go to camp agiain next year!

CU Camp rocks!!!!!!!!Miss you already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I"m glad that you enjoyed urself as well!! hahaha. we 2 sure had fun in our own camp! and I can see that both of us are missing it very very much! haha. Reading this post also show a clearer picture that 3 of us are going on our separate ways now. So, pal, GOOD LUCK ya! love ya lots.