Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hearts Courageous




Give us ears to hear that still small voice
And give us lips forever willing to rejoice
And may our eyes be lit with wisdom
May we know the path that’s true
And we’ll march with hearts courageous after You


Chorus:
We’re marching on with hearts courageous
We will follow where You want us to
And should You lead us where the battle rages
Let us march with hearts courageous after You


And when the sorrow dims the light along our way
Help us to see each time of darkness through eyes of faith
A time for hope, a time for courage
Knowing You will lead us through
And we’ll march with hearts courageous after You



This is our camp theme as well as our camp hymn this year. The words are so meaningful. Everytime we sing this in camp, it makes me wonder, I can sing all I want about having or wanting to have a courageous heart, but is it that simple? It's not just a claim..not at all..

God has a way of testing us and when trials do come knocking on my door, would I be able to face it with a courageous heart or would I run the other direction? If the end times comes, would I be able to say, "I Believe in the Lord Jesus." or would I be conformed into cowards just to save my life?

I feel like such a coward sometimes.. not being able to put God solely above my 'everything' when He is everything that I own. My prayer now, is that in every minute and every second I am left with in this lifetime, I'll be able to grow stronger in Him, to fully rely and lean on Him to guide me where ever I need to go or need to be, and also to put Him as the center of my life and to shine for Him in every way and in every conduct.



"Teach me Lord, Guide me Lord, Use me Lord and Walk beside me, dear Lord. Mould me and make me, this is what I pray.."

No comments: