Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Of Rags and Riches (CU Camp '09)

God of the poor
Friend of the weak
Give us compassion we pray
Melt our cold hearts
Let tears fall like rain
Come, change our love
From a spark to a flame



Coming back to camp again was a little different for me. Well. The timetable is different. We started on the same day we cleaned up the entire place. It was extra tiring for us. But it was well worth it. :)





I agree with what Jean said. Camp is like our haven from all the distractions and everything else. No phones, no computers, no TVs, no MP3s and iPods; just purely learning God's word and bonding with fellow girls. :)

Taking on the role as the main group leader was a new challenge to me, but thanks to these 2, I breezed through it. :) Thanks Jean and Jolene for being awesome sub-group leaders. It's funny. We're the only 3 that stays together nearly all the time, the other group leaders don't mingle as much the 3 of us do. Haha.. but it was good getting to know these 2. We really stuck by each other and we made it through the Camp Concert without much problems except for the slight glitch of my supposed absence, but oh well. WE MADE IT! XD



I was trying to sleep..
Jean, Me and Jolene :)



Our group name was Storge. Pronounce as Stor-gehh. As usual, my group always gets the ones that is kinda hard to pronounce. We got nicknames like StorAge, Stor-Gay, Taugeh, Stalking, Storing. ;( Storge is one of the 4 Greek words of love, it means affectionate love. The 2 sub-group names were Rachel (Jolene's) and Sarah (Jean's).



Ain't the tag nice?? :)
Thanks Jean and Jolene for the hard work and effort!

This years' theme centers around social concerns like
Respect (for other people, races, religion),
Racism,
Riches (material wants), and
Relationships and also
LOVE.

My group was awesome. We were terrible as a team on the first day, but we improved as the days passed. Yes. We got the best improvement award. Lol! And between you and me.. every year, my group always gets 'best improvement' without fail, yeap.. I have a thing for starting off terribly and ending it with a BANG. :)

Both sub-groups brainstorming for a paper drum game.
I merely hopped from one group to the other.



I learnt a lot from this camp and I think I got touched in so many different ways. By God, by the workshop leaders, by the camp personnel, by my 2 sub-group leaders and other leaders and by my group. It was a blessing to be at camp again.

I especially like the songs I learnt. Our camp hymn is Beauty For Brokenness. The lyrics was spot on. Our camp chorus was my next favorite, Love the Lord your God. But I have to say my fav song was Father I thank you. :) My voice is still very ‘sexy’ now. When you’re a group leader you tend to develop sore throats, coughs and what not. I sound like a croaking frog now. :P Well.. that’s all for camp. More pictures are on facebook. :)




Plaster of Paris hobby. :) I made a COW! =D





My shoulders were aching after games.

That's Ji'Anne on the left, Jo'Anne in the front and
Jean Anne on the right. Oh and me in purple. :)
These 3 are the 'Ants' (heng sisters).
Jia Anne is missing..

some of the little ones in our group. Yu ling, Enuice, Celine and Jane.



Thank you Lord for bringing me back to camp! =]




3 comments:

Mel said...

Fun time at camp! :D I miss the days when I was a camper :p

Carmen said...

Yeap! :) WEll..I think my time is nearly up too. They most probably want me to be in personnel team next year. :P I think I can still delay that for another year at least. It's too much fun being a camper. :P

Vivian said...

Miss camp.. so much...