Saturday, April 19, 2008

This week is one that is really packed.Exams were one of it and the next thing is my little brother,Ivan got dengue.He was hospitalized in Gleneagles.Poor thing,he had fever since last Friday and was warded on Tuesday after the second blood test.So the entire week all of us have been travelling from work/college to the hospital then back home then to the hospoital again.

We weren't too worried cause dengue is not something to be so alarmed off but we were really worried sick when he vomited blood on Thursday.Seems that he hasn't been able to eat a lot because he doesn't feel well enough and that made his stomach turn very acidic.His stomach walls turn very red according to the scope he did and the walls of his stomach had a small rupture which is where the blood he vomited came from.My dad scared me to death when I called to check on Ivan and it was just before my Econs paper!

Then after a while,my mom called and then I recieved the next piece of news.My grandfather(dad's side) is also hospitalized in the same hospital.My grandfather was admitted because his stomach didn't feel well and seems that there's an infection.It was just a weird day and some what unlucky.All my realatives came,both my mom and dad's side.His room was packed with people but he was too miserable to be bothered by them,hahaha.Anyway,Ivan's discharged and he's doing much better now though he still looks very miserable.

I'm not close to my grandfather and I wasn't really too concerned.When I came from college to visit him I was a bit shocked to see him much thinner and haggard looking.He seemed very lonely though he had Edmund's company.Then only I felt very sorry for him.However...I was informed by my mom that yesterday before Ivan was discharged,she went to my grandfather's room to see how he was doing and found his room to be packed with people.My mom felt awkward to be in there and just left after 5 minutes or so.As my mom left she heard the people say"Whose that lady who called you dad just now?"

At first I didn't get what my mom was trying to tell me.I looked at her and said,"Your point is..?" She just said, "Carmen,your already so big and you still don't understand?" Then only I understood.Those people in that room were my grandfather's second family.In other words,it's my grandfather's second wife and kids.

It made me really angry and agitated.After studying law for 4 months now I am very sure that bigamy is illegal!!!As much as I pity my grandfather,this is something I can never forgive him.In fact,this is something I can't forgive both my grandfathers!According to my dad there was nearly a big fight between the two families yesterday.Even amongst my uncles and aunts,there's some stupid family politics going on.

Haizz....I really hate to be involved but then again what choice do I have?I know everyone else has their own set of family problems and I do not mean to make mine sound like the end of the earth or something but seriously who could stand his grandfather having two families,two wives, two sets of children, grandchildren (and even great grandchildren now!) and act like it's no big deal!?

No comments: