Saturday, April 26, 2008

Family Affairs

Ah...weekends. Time to laze about for a while. Exams had come and gone already and yet I didn't get any papers back from my lecturers. I don't think I did well and if I don't pass then most probably my scholarship will be revoked. Sounds stressful eh?? Hahaha... truth is it's actually scary rather than stressful but somehow I'm not too worried bout it, for now at least. =p

Ivan seems to be recovering fast since his appetite is overly excessive this week. Thank God that he's fine but it does aches our hearts to see this boy even skinnier than he already is. Well good for Ivan that he's out of the hospital but my grandpa is still in there.

I was there to visit him with my mom and dad on Sunday night and he seemed really weak and haggard. A normal person would feel worried and most of the time our hearts would ache to see our loved ones in such a state; I was feeling like that but the moment I entered the room all these feelings just vanished almost instantly.

'The Lady' was there again. She didn't even bother to step out, all she did was cutting grapes and feeding it to my grandpa. I hated the fact that she was treating us like we're invisible. I don't hate her to an extent where I wish she would die or something but I just feel agitated and mad. After 10 minutes or so, my dad just stalked out of the room. My mom and I followed him and we knew we couldn't bring ourselves back into that room.

The next day we came again because we were informed that my grandpa was to do an operation to remove the infected part of his intestines. I didn't go up to the room but stayed with Ivan in Domes. My grandma said we shouldn't bring the sick to met the sick so Ivan was so call banned from going in. Not like we could care anyway. While we were eating I saw that lady sitting in front of the reception table just outside looking in at me and Ivan.

She looked like as if we had ill-treated her, I stopped eating to look at her and she quickly turned away. I think for the first time I believe that some people are fated to look at each other with hatred and rejection. I did ask myself over and over again, why am I so agitated by her?

On Tuesday, Edmund went with my mom to visit my grandpa and I stayed behind cause I was too tired after college. When Ed came back he smiled and looked like he had so much to tell me. Seems that he was in my grandpa's room but came out after a short while and waited in the reception area. He purposely sat in front of the lady. Ed has a way of annoying and saying things to really wound someone, which I will not go in detail as to what he did.

We really pity our grandma as she had to put up with a man like my grandpa for so many years. The worst part is that my 2nd and 3rd uncle instead of defending their mother and chucking the 'lady' out, they and their wives were the ones who had allowed her to come to care for my grandpa. In fact they had been visiting this lady's home when my grandpa was staying there every alternate week.

My dad is the only son who is standing on his mom's side instead of his dad's. Not that I'm trying to say that my dad's a hero but he's the only son who did stand by my grandma. I mean, how do you think a woman would feel to find that her sons are supporting her husbands affair? How are us,the children suppose to respect you people now??? I really feel like punching both my uncles in the face.

My aunties are against having that lady around but they don't really dare to say much against my uncle. My dad is the oldest son and though he is, he can't do much for my grandma. Very often my dad and their elder sister got into fierce arguements with my 2nd uncle but nothing constructive happened from it. This family is already pretty broken since long ago but I guess it just totally fell apart now.

It may be wrong of me to think this way, but I am only human after all. I simply can't stand the fact that there are outsiders calling my grandfather 'dad' or 'grandpa'. Me and Ed were saying, if one day my uncles have affairs and they end up having two families instead of one, we'd go up to their wives and seriously rub it in their faces. Let's see how you would feel if your husbands kept his mistress around till the day he's on his death bed!?

No comments: