Monday, September 7, 2009

Lies lies lies...penniless are they?or so we think...

Lies.


There are all sorts of them. White lie. Noble Lie. Emergency Lie. Bluffing. Perjury. LIES. Is there really such a thing as noble lies? How can lies be noble? Yes, there are the exceptions in every situation.. but.. no matter what kind of lie it is.. it's still a lie. Noble or White. Even withholding the truth is as good as lying.

Maybe classifying lies is what we think seperates us from being good or bad, evil or noble. Maybe it's to convince ourselves that we did it for the greater good or we did it for the benifit of everyone. But in God's eyes.. there are no distinctions. It is what it is.

We lie all the time. I lie too. But we quickly forget about it because it doesn't weigh on us; not that I'm encouraging anyone to tell lies here.. but there are some lies, we wished we had never told.



There are some lies we wished we never kept and held the truth as a secret.



The real question is.. How far would we cross the line for ourselves or for someone? How are we facing it without guilt?



It will be bad for one person if I kept quiet.
It will hurt one person if I tell.
It will hurt everyone if I tell.
It will hurt and weigh on me the most if I tell or kept quiet.





How far am I crossing the line?

No comments: