Saturday, February 9, 2008

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kung Hei Fatt Choi,Ang Pow na lai!Well,it's new years again.That means...new clothes,new shoes,ang pows,food and holiday!Unfortunately my college only gave us till tomorrow,so my holiday ends tomorrow...sob sob...why la????

Anyway,new years has been okay so far.The usual I go to your house and you come to mine thing...and of course food here and there.I got ang pows..duh!not a lot but,it's ok.I don't gamble so my little fortune is spared.(phew!)I never enjoyed spending new years with my father's side but I really enjoy it with my mother's side.

There's too much history to sort out on my dad's side,but long story short,I just don't like it there.Yesterday,when I went to my grandma's(mom's side),it was packed with people in there that I thought I was in the wrong house.I got ang pows the moment I went in!Then all of us went house hopping...We went to our relatives house just next door and we stuffed her housed full of noisy people.hahahaha....Aunty Irene is the biggest of the cousins my mom has so everyone was begging ang pows from her,and I mean everyone(exclu my grandparents la)!

She was confused because there were seriously too many faces in there and too much noise.She left out me and my youngest uncle.When she finished handing out as she thought she had,she was asking if she left out anyone,when I said I did she didn't believe me.Of course she didn't,everyone was yelling that they were left out too...haiyoo...my crazy family.Mind you the ones who were yelling the loudest were my uncles and aunties.Hahaha...But she did give me one later after dinner.

New years is always crazy over there...my darling brother is however not enjoying this with us.Where is he??He's in Cambodia,tour leading,he sms few times but we didn't really bother.hahaha...he bought me this white tribe costume last year from Kunming and I was supposed to wear it with 2 of my younger cousins but I didn't.Since he's not here to make sure I do,so why bother rite? :p

Oh wait...I left out one piece of good news!My youngest uncle is finally getting married!!!!!!!Everyone is very happy and excited bout it.We were practically interogating him for details and for the planning.He's the youngest and it's been so long since we planned such events so all his sisters(including my mom) are estatic to plan it for their little brother.Seems that I'm gonna be the bride's maid and Ed's the best man.Ivan will be the fellow that opens the door or something,all my younger cousins are gonna be what me n Ed used to be;the little flower girls and paige boys.

I have a long history of being the flower girl,me n Ed were a pair,there was once my mom said there were too many people wanted us to be their flower girl and paige boy that we were rushing from one wedding to another!hahaha....now that is no longer my job.My poor uncle was sitting obediently and letting us interogate him (not like he's got anywhere to run anyway..)Thinking bout this really puts a smile on everyone's face and they are sending my mom over to Taiwan as a representative since she's leaving for it next week.Btw,my uncle's fiance is a Taiwanese.She's really very nice and sweet which makes her the best match we could ever want for our dear uncle to have!

Congrats Uncle Weng!I shall scrape a big ang pow from you on that day!RM 9999.99! HAHAHAHAHA!Happy CNY ppl!

No comments: