Monday, September 10, 2007

Letting Go

Mondays……one of the worst days in the world….but anyway, today I woke up only at 6.34 in the morning because I got into bed pretty late last night after working during my weekends in the MATTA fair…..Malaysians…they have a tendency to ask you one in a million questions and will make you go through a lot of trouble to check the availability of seats and also asking the weirdest and un-logical questions……but anyway I successfully made 3 sales but it took really long to convince them….haiyoo…some really got on my nerves but anyway thank God it’s over.

When I came back from school today…my tuition mate called, we talked for about an hour and more about tuition homework at first but somehow we talked about some other stuff because she seemed quite stressed up and she was telling me about her problems with her friends. She was telling me about her best friend was angry at her for not applying for the same church camp as she did…..kinda childish if you ask me…but anyway, I too had a similar kind of conversation at school with my friend. We were talking about random things and somehow we got to the topic of our plans after SPM. She was telling me about her plans and I just asked if she would be back in time for Christmas or maybe my might-be or soon-to baptism. And we were saying how different we both were, I mean all three of us were and yet we became such close friends. It’s kinda weird how we just clicked…but I think it is God’s divine appointment. It was that divine appointment that had brought three very different people from different worlds together or you could say opposites attract.

She looked at me and said “You must think that I’m cruel to choose my plans over the two of you…” At first I was shock to hear that but the truth is…I did had that thought but that’s not my point…I looked at her and I told her that we, all three of us that is, are friends and we shouldn’t or should I say can’t be each others burden or hold-back. We are supposed to support each other and encourage each other and not to stop or discourage each other from pursuing what we need or want in the future. If a friend is gonna hold us back then what kind of friend is that. Like what she said, Even if we are physically far apart, but deep down inside our relationship is as strong as the big elephant glue…

Sometimes it is hard to chance upon a good friend that we claim dear and important. It’s very rare that we might be able to find someone whom we can trust and talk heart-to-heart to and once we find one we will find it quite hard to let go of that friend. Yes, I believe in an everlasting friendship but we are never able to keep that friend forever. In our heart yes but not with us physically. It doesn’t mean that we are not gonna be the best of friends but all the more reason if we cherish that relationship we need to release that leash we have on each other. Going our own separate ways is not an easy thing but learning to accept that no separation is forever is more important. Reunions are very touching and that’s why relationships like that are so precious.

Yea…I know I’m the boring cliché type but I seriously think and believe so. Well…that long phone call was ended hastily because I needed my lunch….was very hungry because I had slept too much in class and desperately needed some food…..FOOD…FOOD…..FOOD!
But it was cool to chat with someone just randomly like that but will try to shorten the time spent lar…like let’s say 30 minutes?????Oh and…hahaha….I watched HSM2 the dvd lar and also Evan Almighty.Very funny wei…I urge all of you to watch…It’s a comedy of biblical proportions and one line…SUPER FUNNY AND YOU WILL LAUGH YOUR HEAD OFF!hahahaha….but HSM2 was a let down lar….they kept singing so much and like the story line is not as nice as compared to the first movie. And when Zac effron sang that song bet on it I sorta thought he was acting like as if he’s the modern tarzan……very weird……??????

~A quote I came up with very randomly~


If we love someone be it our family or friends we should be happy for each other regardless if we are able to see each other everyday or know what is going on in each others life or even if one day we might forget each other in the midst of our own busy lives. All the more if we love them...……we should learn to be like our parents…they learnt to let us go, then we could learn to LET THEM GO…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
there's no need for me to say more.
you've grown.

Anonymous said...

one more thing.
I'm very very proud of you. :)
hehe
don't worry, we'll stick like one big fat elephant glue.

love ya!

Anonymous said...

HEYS CARMEN, Shawnee here!

YAYS, I FOUND YOUR BLOG! Haha, OK fine, not exactly "FIND" . . . it was just a matter of clicking the link in the comment you submitted in my blog. XD

Your blog rocks too!!! XDDD And, whoa, I love that last quote in this post. Learn to let go. : ) It's so symbolic as to what I am kinda dealing with right now. XD

Anyways, COOL STUFF!! Keep blogging! WOO!

xoxo,
cheeseisgood4u! XD