Saturday, September 29, 2007

Listen

LISTEN by Beyonce



Listen to the song here in my heart a melody I start but can't complete,
Listen to the sound from deep within,
Its only beginning to find release,
Ohh...the time has come for my dreams to be heard,
They will not be pushed aside and turned,
Into your own, all' cause you won't listen

[chorus]
Listen I am alone at a crossroads,
I'm not at home in my own home,
And I've tried and tried to say whats on my mind,
You should have known,
Now I'm done believing you,
You don't know what I'm feeling,
I'm more than what you've made of me,
I followed the voice, you gave to me,
But now I've gotta find my own...

You should have listened,
There was someone here inside,
Someone I thought had died so long ago,
Oh I'm screaming out and my dreams will be heard,
They will not be pushed aside or turned,
Into your own all 'cause you won't listen...

[chorus]
Listen I am alone at a crossroads,
I'm not at home in my own home,
And I've tried and tried to say whats on my mind,
You should have known,
Now I'm done believing you,
You don't know what I'm feeling,
I'm more than what you've made of me,
I followed the voice, you gave to me,
But now I've gotta find my own...

[Bridge]
I don't know where I belong,
But I'll be moving on,
If you don't, if you won't....

[Chorus]
Listen to the song here in my heart,
A melody I start, but I will complete,
Now I am done believing you,
You don't know not what I am feeling,
I'm more than what you've made of me,
I followed the voice you think you gave to me,
But now I got to find my own - my own....


This song is from the movie Dream girls.This song is sung by Deena Jones(Beyonce Knowles) in the movie,it was pivotal moment when Deena finally relizes that she does hav the strength to move on and to break free form every bondage that was holding her to be true to what she is.I love this song a lot cause I find that a lot of us are not only motivated by things, goals, sucess, failures, friends, family and even ourselves but sometimes even songs and music can motivate us too.

This song came to my mind cause I thought of my dad...every Friday after BK classes,he would be the one that would come and fetch me.Every morning he would wake us for school and send us to school.He would be the one that would fix all the broken things at home.He would be the one that would help us with our projects when we were younger.He would be the one that would go all the way to Kesas Highway just to get the snoopy toy we were collecting from Mc Donalds.He would be the good citizen who will repair the roads for everyone not only our family.He would be the one that would always write to MPAJ to fix lamp posts,mend roads, and to put up road signs.

He would be the one that would rush home as soon as he could when we called him about a snake entering the house.He would be the one that would send us to the clinic dispite the time like 4 in the morning.He would be the one that would carry our heavy bags when we played in theme parks.He would be the one that will drive us around whenever we need.He would be the one that would drive for 8 hours long without anyone else taking over for him while we sleep and eat behind....He would be the one that will worry about us when we went for camps...and he was and still is the one that taught me to be who I am till this very day.He's my dad!

Every Friday when dad comes to pick me,we would have this routine of talking in the car...just the two of us...He would tell me about work,when he was younger and the way he dealt with all his problems.My mom always said I'm my dad's best listener and audience when he would talk.Actually I didn't like my parents nagging...I mean who likes it,but whenever my dad talks to me like that...I really enjoy it.He would tell me jokes that would make me burst out in laughter and I'll tell him what happen in school and so on.

Maybe I'm much older now and my dad talks to me more.Sometimes Ivan is hard to talk to for my dad cause he's still young and Edmund is impatient when it comes to this and besides he's very busy and nowadays hardly around.So I'm the one left....I don't mind it of course.Sometimes my dad can be over the top and be unreasonable but he's growing old...an he's got a lot to deal with...sometimes all he asks is that someone who would listen to him talk.

The hardest part about love is not sacrificing,giving or anything else...Listening is actually the hardest part of love.Most of the modern us have tight schedules ad we would have no time to spare to listen to someone talk and complain....It takes a lot of effort to listen and I'm trying to give Ivan the chance to talk and listen to him but sometimes I find it hard to concentrate and I would tune him off...I'm horrible rite?yea....shesh...I'm learning....I'm still trying to make an effort....Sometimes when we fail to listen to our loved ones...we would miss out a lot in their lives...so I'm gonna stop missing out in my family's lives...I pray you would too.

No comments: