Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Conquering New Heights! =D


I'M ROCK CLIMBING TOMORROW!!!! XD XD

I'm scared but excited! Yeap! ahahahaha!!! My right hand is sore from from the 2 hours of badminton yesterday with Bryan and dad. Hope I won't fall off halfway up. ;p



I'm being a law student or trying to be one.. Ms Mel asked me to print the 'Waiver and Release of Liability' form. The first thing I did was to read and point out any clauses which should not be there or not legally enforced. s2(1) of The Unfair Contract Terms, 1977; no exclusion of liability of death or personal injury caused by his or her(operator/service provider/etc) negligence.

Ok, that part of the form is okay. Since we are to sign it..it'll be incorporated into the contract so we are hereby bound by all clauses. As in case of L'Estrange v Graucob. Then we have to look at the construction of the clause. Under the Contra Preferentem Rule, the contract shall be hostile to ambiguities. If the wording of the clause is not specific, then the party which seeks to rely on the clause will find that the clause shall be interpreted against them. So this part is also okay.. Okay then.. We can all sign it. ;P

Hey..it helps to know some law that is useful in life k?hahaha!!!



ROCK CLIMBING!!!!!!! :) :)

4 comments:

Mel said...

I didn't read it before I signed it last time! Oh well :p Guess I chose the right person to print hehe :) Hurray!

Carmen said...

Haha!Well..better read next time. There are plenty of unscurpulous (as Mrs Dharma calls it) people out there. :)

Tarrant Kwok said...

UNSCRUPULOUS. CARMEN. SPELLING.

But yes, good use of what you've learnt.

Carmen said...

oppss.. ;p typo typo..