Saturday, June 20, 2009

Stepping out..

I'm stepping out.. I'm stepping out of the door. I took a final look at everything for what maybe the last time; smiled, said goodbye and let it close behind me as I reached for the door in front of me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:57.. 7:58.. 7:59... 8:00! I'm done! I'm REALLY DONE!!! The last paper (law 2) was really hard and unexpected but.. I can't be bothered to be depressed about it. It's my last day as a student in MCKL and it feels great! The 6 weeks I struggled for my finals are finally behind me. Sad? Your kidding! We practically leaped with joy the moment the invigilator said in her warm voice, "You may go.."

Then it suddenly occured to me.. I'm closing this door, wow.. er.. so what's suppose to happen next? My thoughts were jumbled up, I couldn't make out what I was feeling but as I walked out and away from the college grounds, I felt God brought me on a short journey back in time.

As I was walking I was glad dad didn't pick me, taking the train and going home the way I had done for this past 1.5 years was a little gift from God. :) It was a proper closure to this chapter as it allowed me to experience every inch of it for one last time..

There were so many flash backs going through my mind. My first day.. my first class.. my first book.. my first taste of the canteen food.. my first friend (Wen Jo).. my first everything! Faces were popping out in my mind as I recall their voice, the way I met them and the way they had touched my life and the way they enriched it in different ways.

As the monorail pulled away.. I glanced up looking at 'Kolej Methodist' disappear from my view. Bye..was the only thing I could say, the exact moment I put on my ear phones and the song Freedom Is Here played on my ipod. Coincidence?

Walking out of the monorail at Hang Tuah and changing to Star line was another nostalgic moment.. I couldn't help remembering everything I had done in college thus far. The books I've read, the lecturers I've met, the friends I've made and the memories I had since day 1. I think I was smiling to myself the entire journey feeling touched and awed. Though I probably looked weird to other people. ;P

A tiring and yet happy day. It was one of those days which I'll mark as one of 'the happiest day of my life'. Thank you Lord for giving me this day to thank you once again for all that has been blessed unto me. :)

No comments: