Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wake up call

Mom shook me up at 6 plus. I wasn't exactly pleased with it but something grave reached my ears and it sent shocks through my body as I take in the words slowly.


"Grandma is in ICU. She had a..... HEART ATTACK"


What? Your joking right? Grandma is the healthiest person I know. She hasn't been warded into a hospital since child birth! She never fell ill.. I never once in my life associated the word sick or ill with my grandma. Never. Not even once.

As hard as it was, we took in the news. Mom and Ed hurried out of the house while I stayed home with Ivan. I felt so unsure and confused. I was scared. I was really shaking. The only thing I knew to do was to pray. I grabbed my phone and sent a prayer request to everyone. The hours were hard to pass but mom called and said, grandma was ok. Not fully stable but she's ok.

As I took that in, my heart stopped it's wild thudding. The sms(s) and calls that came in comforted me and encouraged me and made the hours bearable. Grandpa was right, it was a wake up call for all of us. Grandma is getting old and she's only human, we've been taking her health for granted all these years. We failed to realize that she's as fragile as anyone of us.

This shocked our family and it was really a slap across the face. Well, she still has to stay in ICU for 2 days until she gets the angiogram done on Monday. Then, we'll have to be ready to face with the obstacle ahead.

Will update later. Thanks for your prayers people. :) Please continue to pray with us. Thank you.

No comments: