Monday, June 16, 2008

Wedding~ 2

Sunday,

6:00..alarm went off. Didn't bother..then 6:27, Felicity's went off...looked at the time on my watch and I jumped off the bed in full panic! Crap! The three of us gals got ready as fast as we could with the only one toilet we have and well...they seemed calmed not me.

Angel (my bro's best fren) came bout 7:15 or so and helped make up seeing as I can't myself cause I'm really dumb when it comes to all these. By 7:45 all of us rushed over to the bride's (Annie) apartment suite and waited for the guys to arrive.

OKAY>>> For those who don't really know the tradition of a chinese wedding this is what happens....

The groom and his guys will come to the bride's house to marry her. This happens early in the morning bout 8 something. There a lot customs involved here but we only followed 60 %. The best part bout this is, when the groom reaches the door step of the Bride's place, the Bride's girl friends or whatever you call it will answer the door. The girls will demand ang pow aka money from the groom. Normally an amount of 9999.99 (good number) will be demanded.

The groom will give the amount but mostly they give less, so since it's less than expected, the girls will then make the groom go thru 'obstacles'. the obstacles involve things like singing, dancing, pumping, sit-ups, exclaiming 'i love you' over and over in just about every language he knows and anything the girls can think off, they make him do it. Ouch ain't it??? Hahahaha..that's the fun of it ma!

We didn't expect nor prepare to make my uncle go thru the 'obstacles' but Annie gave us the green light so what the heck...LET'S HAVE SOME FUN THEN!! it was really funny! Even the Annie's mother and aunty joined in! We made my uncle give us like 6 ang pows, then we made him sing, exclaim 'i love you' to Annie over and over again, made him do pumping, he even danced abit on his own.. (i'll try to upload the video if possible).

I think we had fun playing with him, even the bride kept requesting for him to do things! It was very sweet when he finally got in to the room. He knelt down and the bride made him sing again. My uncle never sings in public and we never heard him sing ourselves. he was sooooo lost, so Uncle Jack (Annie's uncle) started to sing the song "love you more than I can say" to help him start off.

Uncle Jack : Woo Ooo Ooh... yeayy..yeay I love you more than I can say

Edwin (my uncle) : What's the next line???

so I sang the next line for him...

Carmen : I'll love you twice as much tomorrow..

Edwin : Woo Ooh.. (that's the only line he knows..)


Wkakaka...we were roaring with laughter by the time he managed the Woo Ooo part. Haiz... Then all of us except Annie's mom went to their new house to pay respect to my grandparents. When we reached the entrance of the condo, all the cars started to horn (modern way instead of having the chinese band making the loud noises)...Bla bla...then we went back to the hotel for the tea ceremony. That took like nearly 2 hours then the final bit.. LUNCH!!

Around 3 or 4, everything finished...all of us packed up everything (deco, cakes,gowns..etc) and headed for home. I had a hard time taking out the pins from my bushy curls! I didn't care bout the rest but I fell dead on my bed and slept till 8:30...then only all the muscle aches and head aches flooded over me. Anyway...the wedding went alright and it was a success!

Congrats Uncle Edwin & Annie (my new 'Jiu Ma')!!!!!!!
Welcome to the family Annie Jiu Ma!!!!!!

No comments: