Monday, June 16, 2008

Wedding~

Saturday,

Woke up at 8 and got out of the house at 10 something. My mom brought me and Ed to get our hair done. My mom did the usual style only more extreme this time...Ed just straighten his hair again and got a nice hair cut. Hate to admit it but he actually looks good. Me??? HAHAHA....guess what they did to my hair?

The lady that did my facial the other day suggested that I curl my hair so that the make up artist can style my hair easily rather than just straight hair, so my mom took her advise and well they gave me CURLS!!!!!I looked like goldilocks with black hair! Sigh, I couldn't argue.Then Ed insisted that I get my nails done as well. great...just marvelous. I've never had a manicure in my entire existance, seriously! Ed chose light pink and I think it was ten times better than my curls..

After we got our hair done, we rushed to the restaurant for rehearsals. The restaurant staff was very very stressed cause they aren't preparing for just any normal customer; my family has been eating there like every weekend every since I was born so let's just say this relation is chocking them under stress..if anything goes wrong Aunt Yin Peng, Uncle Alex and my mom will murder them..but my family has been good friends with the boss, and we aren't unreasonable people la.. *winks*

Me and ed spent about 2 hrs or maybe less rehearsing with Ivan and my 3 cousins. Well, I can say we seem to be doing great! (though my heels were killing me..X_X)

It was 5 already, mom and everyone else went off like an hour ago to get things done and to get ready for the event leaving the 6 of us,Uncle Danny,Felicity and Newice. The worst part is none of us have a CAR! We were getting tensed when the clocked strike 5:15..we couldn't afford to wait anymore so we just packed our stuff and started walking to Prince hotel about 15 minutes away.


Annie and her family was staying at the hotel and my aunt got us a room there for us to bathe and to get ready. Fine, we got there by ourselves but our room only had one bath room so I brought the girls to the aparment suite Annie's staying and bathed. We were all very stressed and tensed cause time is going by qucikly (too quickly~!) and we seem to freaking clumsy, leaving things here and there and all of a sudden things are all going hay wire!

7:30...this was suppose to be the time the dinner starts but the bride and some of us were still in the hotel. Crap! We only got out of the hotel at 8 something but thank God the restaurant was just down the road. We reached by about 8:30 and still we couldn't start. The food wasn't ready and 30 % of the guest still hasn't arrived.

It was nearly 9 when we started but everyone was cool and when the bridal march started, all eyes were on us. The lights were off and a huge spotlight was pointing at us. Scary....but I had fun!

No one could recognize me cause of my curls and the fact that I was in a white gown. I never wear dresses...not in a million years but since it's my uncle's wedding and since I'm the bride's maid..I don't have a choice right?Besides it'd be weird if the bride's maid marched down in pants! The food was great! I didn't have much chances to eat but it was good anyway. I think the crowd was amazed when Ed sang, he even got an encore!

By the time we got back to the hotel it was already 12 something near 1. Since my feet ached, I went to soak my feet and that took me all the way to 2:30!Tired..very tired..that was all that was going thru my mind. Well..still have tomorrow to worry about..

No comments: