Friday, June 6, 2008

The Wedding (pt 1)

Hmm...looks like this post and possibly the future posts within this month shall be about my uncle's wedding. Actually it sorta sounds like a series or something,don't you think? Since it sounds like some series..I might as well narrate it from the begining~!

Flash back to CNY~ I think it was on the first day of CNY that my youngest uncle,Edwin proposed to us his plans of getting married. We were all extremely pleased and very surprised. He is already 37 this year and we've been rather worried cause his love life is rather slow-moving but thank God (krystal's Great Above) that he decides to tie the knot!

His fiance, Annie is a Taiwanese and she's only 27 this year..yes yes big gap, but they love each other and they both look so cute together so why not rite? Love has no boundaries wad! Since the wedding is the last for my mom's generation, we're gonna make it as proper and as 'grand' as possible.

My uncle works for Gamuda, some construction company which has projects around the globe,so he was transfered to Taiwan 4 ago. Long story short, he met Annie and they fell in love. He never had a girl friend at all, so it was really happy for us to see him finally attached and well happy..

According to Annie, my uncle didn't really propose to her in a romantic atmosphere of any sort, no flowers too! tsk tsk...he's sorta hopeless in this area I guess but she said yes, so who cares! Due to my uncle's job in Taiwan completing in August or so, the company will transfer him to other countries so he needs to get married within this period.

My mom, Aunt Yin Peng(1st aunty) and my grandma went over to Taiwan in March to sorta formally speak in detail about the wedding to Annie's parents. It's all the Chinese mambo jambo thing..So it was decided that the wedding will be held in KL first then in Taiwan. Btw, I now grandly announce the date >>> JUNE 14 for the wedding dinner and JUNE 15 for the tea ceremony! Cause my uncle is in Taiwan all this time, all the preperations have been done by us. Not that we mind, we're actually more excited than he is! Okay, maybe not more excited..but we definitely estatic!

All of us like to plan for the wedding though it's real hectic..Especially my mom and my aunt. Seems that they're the ones calling the shots. My uncle has left it in their capable hands and all he needs to do is just pay for everything! My mom and aunt dragged me all over KL shopping for my dresses cause I'm the brides maid. Well,those insane people are making me wear 4 dresses! Hmm..those who knows me should know that I don't fancy wearing dresses but oh well since it's for my dear uncle..just this once!

Most of the prep is done but we still need to finalize a lot of stuff. Haizz..this is gonna be a real hectic holiday! More updates later..tata!

No comments: