Tuesday, October 21, 2008

One of my friends called and to my horror, she was crying on the other end. Well, you can guess how shocked I was. She tried to talk but all I heard were mummurs and more crying. To cut to the chase, she needed someone to talk to cause she just broke up with her boy friend. 3 years of relationship gone in a flash.

I've never heard nor seen her cry in such a state before. I guess the strongest person in the world would have their weak moments and especially with relationships as it's really complicated and delicate.

When I was talking to her, I began to picture myself in her state some where in time not too long ago.

I began to have an urge to cry as well.. Except when I was in such a state, I didn't call anyone nor find my best friend to talk. I normally would but somehow every intention was banished from my thoughts. I only talked to my best friend when I stopped crying and when I was much more composed.

Funny, I still couldn't explain why I decided to do it alone that day. Guess God, gave me the strength to pull through that day. =) I'm not used to blogging bout this stuff but here I am anyway.

She kept crying as she spoke and each detail made me felt a surge of pain. My mind was swirling with thoughts about her situation and mine. It was then only I relised that, I was like her..exactly like her back then. I felt like I wasn't of any help to her, I can't even think straight! I'm not bad at encouraging poeple or talking heart to heart talks with anyone but I just felt totally useless at that moment.

Then something miraculous happened... Okay not exactly miraculous but it came to my aid at the right time. I was trying hard to encourage her and when I thought I had ran out of words, I heard a loud voice, it's like thunder, and it started to rain.

I heard the voice say, "You fell down and you have hit rock bottom, but you stood up again. You can, so can she. You are given wisdom to speak. Don't loose hope."

Not sure if these were the exact words but it immediately soothed my heart and it gave me the wisdom to speak. Well, it was a really long conversation full of heart aches and bitter sweet moments. I hope little by little she will start to heal. As painful as it is, it will pass and though it seems as though the path has been shrouded by darkness, God will always lead us through the darkness and the pain. We have to hope~

Hope... that's all we've got sometimes.

No comments: