Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Flowers

Went to Petaling Street yesterday right after Malaysian Studies to buy Aunty Janet a bouquet of flowers since it's her birthday. I chose Spray Carnations; carnations represents mothers and I thought nothing would be more suitable and besides spray carnations are very beautiful =)

Everyone turned to look at me as I walked along the street to the train station, no no...it wasn't because of me..it was the bouquet. Hahahaha... When I entered into a lift at Prince Hotel, there was this couple in the same lift and the girl said,

"The flowers are very beautiful. Who gave it to you? =)"

"er..technically, I'm giving it to someone."

"Aw..that's so sweet..."

"Why don't you ask him (pointing to her bf/husband/fiance..?) to buy you one?"

"Him?? (rolls eyes..)*Sigh*"

She was very pretty and funny too though it was a mere 2 minutes conversation. I think for most of the girls including myself, we do like the thought of recieving flowers from somebody. Be it on our birthday or any special occasions. Flowers to me are very special things and delicate, but I'm not exactly the kind that really likes to receive flowers..it's just the thought that would make me really really happy. =)




When I surprised Aunty Janet with the flowers she was speechless which made me really happy. Often we would think the reciever would be very happy and delighted with the flowers but actually the giver is the one who is the most thrilled. It's a great rush of excitement and glee when we stand in front of someone and presenting to them a bouquet of flowers. To look at their smiling faces with a mixture of shock, happiness, surprise and excitement altogether... abosolutely priceless~

I enjoy 'people watching' and the place I'd always observe others is when I'm in the airport waiting to board the plane or when I'm in a cafe. It's not exactly fun but I like to see how people would react to the littlest gesture. I'm the kind that would be laughing to myself when I see something sweet or something that reminds me of any piece of memory. According to my mom, that's pretty crazy and silly but I somehow enjoy looking at people. Weird hobby eh?

No comments: