Thursday, August 28, 2008

Poems from E.E.Cummings~

I carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)

i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)


I thank you God for most this amazing

i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of allnothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)


Once Like A Spark/If stangers meet

(once like a spark)

if strangers meet
life begins-
not poor not rich
(only aware)
kind neither
nor cruel
(only complete)
i not not you

not possible;
only truthful
-truthfully,once
if strangers(who
deep our most are
selves)touch:
forever

(and so to dark)


This are some poems by E.E.Cummings. The first one was recommended by Ms Melalyn, and I happen to come across the next two. I read a bit about E.E.Cummings and according to the info his poetry are mostly sonnets which largely deals with love and nature, as well as the relationship of the individual to the masses and to the world. His poems are also often rife with satire. Some of his poems are free verse which they follow no rhyme or meter.

I think when I was about 11, I started writing poems myself. I have a little collection of them kept hidden behind my books. I never did show them to anyone cause I think my poems are depthless and somehow pointless to the world. It only means something to me which I think is why I kept writing them cause I believe that it's my way of self expression without fear or bondages.

I pretty much a loner when I was younger, of course I do have a lot of friends I can giggle with but I don't seem to truly belong to any one group. As I'm much older now, my social circle is of course better, I can mix with any 'gang' but still I doubt I belong anywhere. Nope, I'm not a pessimist or some depressed soul but I think it's just that God hasn't brought me to meet the people I can truly belong with. =) However, He did bring me to 2 people (Jia Rong & Ai Jane) which I can call best friends though we have now moved on with life and there's an ocean between the 3 of us.

Being alone often makes me think more than speak and I think it's one of the reason why I write poems or stories(will never be shown to the world as well =p) or blog. My thoughts can just go about wandering and it makes me a very very random person. Since I started writing poems and also reading psychology articles and books, I began change my mind set slowly. I tend to see things much more complicated than they are (haha.. :p) like a glass of water isn't just a glass of water or a leaf isn't just a leaf..

Long story short, I just think too much but since it doesn't strain me brain..I shall leave it alone. haha.. Kai Li asked Ms Melalyn just now, "what are the benefits of studying English Lit?" I was waiting for Kai Li so I just joined in the convo. Ms Melalyn gave us a lot of her view points which made me think. I asked myself that moment, "So why did I choose to study Lit now?"

Hmm...why?? I know I do like literature and I like English but hmm..what more??Ok..having a headache...shall answer this question later..need to sleep.. =p

No comments: