Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sieh Shen-Myin

This post should have been posted last week but it's never too late..hahaha

It's been 5 long years since I last saw Shen. She was my senior from SBU, when she was in Form 5 I was only in Form 1. I still remember I met her through a public speaking competition in school. She was giving us the 'newbies' advise and some pointers for the competition since she represents the school. Turns out that Shen knows my elder bro, Edmund through public speaking as well!

In SBU, seniors to us small fries are actually someone grand, respected, and someone we would admire or think them very cool la. Often we get the feeling they are pretty cold to us but this is not true, especially with Shen. She was really a big sis to me throughout the entire year and she is actually so sweet~! I remember she actually wrote me a card wishing me good luck for exams and also an encouragement card telling me that she would always be around if ever I need to talk to someone. I melted on the spot when I found the card in my locker...

What amazes me more is the fact that we are still keeping in touch till today though there's a huge gap between us already. She never once forgot bout me or thought of me as some junior only. I have to admit as well,hahahaha... when I was still in form 1 I did admire some senior girls (I'M STRAIGHT K..!) and Shen was one of them. She was shocked when I told her the other day and asked me why..Well I shall leave out the why part here but it was some what natural for me to admire a big sister.

I never had a sister as I'm the only girl, so I never knew what a big sis would be like. One of the things I would share is, I think I admire Shen is because of her energy, her spirit and the fire in her. She has that strong command and elegance in her which actually made me feel pretty timid when talking to her but once I got to know her all the ice just melted away. :)

There's a lot of sweet memories we did make together in school though it was that 1 year only. *reminiscing* Glad we are able to maintain this friendship and glad we are able to meet up. I'm also glad that God had allowed or paths to have crossed and I thank God for a really sweet big sis like you, Shen! You rock, so keep rocking on! God bless you!

No comments: