Monday, February 23, 2009

Childlike

This song has been in my head the entire day..

USE ME
Use me, Jesus use me, take this life of mine, and use me
Use me, Jesus use me, keep me by your side, and use me

All I want is to be with you to ever please you in all I do.
Teach me Father to learn your ways and walk with thee each day.

Only make me what you would have me be.
I only want to serve you faithfully.
Help me Father to truly see all you have for me.


I used to listen to the Donut Man in my dad's car and I would always sing along. Those were the days when I was so crazy about the Donut Man. I miss it a lot actually. This was one of my favorite songs. It has a really simple tune but it carries more meaning than it seems. I think even the children have more faith and love for God that we may have sometimes.

Think when we grow up, things tend to become complicated and more diverse.

We have so much to worry about,
so much to do,
so much hindrance,
so much distractions,
so little time..
and it's so often we're man/woman of little faith.


We get ourselves so tangled by everything and we even make the path leading to God seem more complicated than it actually is. We even backslide and stray away. We keep thinking that 'it's all about us' but it isn't at all. We loose sight of God's purpose and we loose sight of God's true plan for our lives.

We forgot to glorify God and to constantly remind ourselves that His Grace is sufficient for us. We fail to come to God and say, Lord, use me, use this life of mine to glorify your name. Use me Lord, use me for the extension of your Kingdom. Use me Lord where you see fit.


Where's that childlike faith? That childlike desire to come to God? Hope none of us will ever forget that. =)

No comments: