Monday, February 9, 2009

Culture Shock!

Never in my life did I taste Banana Leaf Rice. Seriously. After Moral Studies on saturday, Kai Li and Shonna brought me for BLR (Banana Leaf Rice). Lo and behold... it's something I have not tried, ever! So pai-sehh!! Call myself a malaysian! sigh...

So there I was, staring at the banana leaf laid before me. I was like ok... then? Came this guy with a 4-partitioned tray. I looked inside and saw well..green, yellow, reddish and brownish curry of some sort. First thought.. aha..so this is what I'm eating??? The guy placed a bit of each on my banana leaf and I was kinda distressed looking at them.


Kai Li and Shonna were getting worried if I couldn't take it. The rice came and it was time to dig in! Kai Li was really down to earth!! She was pro at using her hand and me..er... "I think I'll stick to the fork and spoon." =D *sweat*


It was nice. In fact it taste better than expected. hehehe...it took a while assuring the 2 that I'm ok and not about to puke. The 3 of us agreed.. I got a CULTURE SHOCK!!!!

No comments: