Friday, February 27, 2009

What you don't know won't hurt you?

This was the forum topic on LiteFM this morning. What you don't know won't hurt you? Do you agree? What say you?

Let me be a lit student for a moment. Hurt.. it can be defined as pain felt physically as well as emotionally, a sense of vulnerability and a wound inflicted that scars. The sentence is basically speaking of, the lack of a certain understanding and knowledge of something will put a person in a less vulnerable position from being wounded and injured.

There is no definite answer but I'd probably disagree more than agree. This brings me back to Chai Yee again. She did tell me, she wished she never seen it for herself and she wished she never knew. She wished for so much not to happen and when she tries to ignore it, it only burst open later.

I could understand why she said so but in an outsider's view point, I don't think so. Even if it hurts me to death, I'd still want to know the truth. I don't think I can live my life in lies. Though it'd make me feel happy, but it's only temporal.

Then again, if I was ever in Chai Yee's position I think I might prefer to close a blind eye and pretend nothing happened. It's not a hard task lying to others but it's definitely not an easy task lying to yourself. Maybe, knowing the truth, and knowing it early is the better alternative to recovery. The pain will be acute but fast and you'll have more time to mend. The deeper you dwell, the longer the pain.

What you don't know will not hurt you now, but the effect will be 10 times worse when the truth explodes in your face. Let the truth reveal itself when the time comes..don't wait till it explodes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Carmen. I sorta agree with you. What we don't know may not hurt us NOW, but when we do know, which I'm sure we would one day...that's gonna hurt real bad. In fact, what we don't know, might hurt us more. Strange, strange. But i suppose, everyone's got their own choice of living, how they want to live etc. God bless. :) Hope you're good. *hugs*

Carmen said...

Thanks zunny!!! Life is surprising that way I guess. =) I'm good! XD hope you are too.