Thursday, February 26, 2009

What would you do?

It's only February and all I hear are break ups and not make ups. What happened? 'tis not the season for couples to sustain a relationship?

Within this 2 months alone, my phone is busied with phone calls that starts with sobs. After a few of them, I got used to hearing tears from the other end of the line. I received a few calls from Chai Yee yesterday. She was crying so badly, I couldn't make out a thing she said. I spent about 2 hours plus talking to her.

Bad news. Sad news... She is a dear friend, one who is smart, pretty and caring. To hear her cry and speak with such agony is a total pain for me as well. Listening to how she found her boyfriend betrayed her and left her, it made me angry in a way. I thought I knew him..but I guess I was as wrong as Chai Yee was. Men... sigh. How many times do you want to tear and rip our hearts apart?

Nothing I can say or do that will soothe her. Nothing. Only God can now. I hold a sense of regret and guilt for urging her to confront the issue and talk it over with him. But, if not, what else can be done? Is not honesty the first step? Is it not the essence of a relationship aside from love being it's core?

Then again... if it was me, I'm not sure what I'd do. What would you do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think what you told her was good, however, only God knows the consequences. It can be good and it can also be very hurtful. Oh well, that is the way He mold us.

Life is colorful. sometimes it can be the prettiest color we have ever seen, nevertheless sometime the dark colors appears too. We just have to Hold on tight. :D

Carmen said...

Amen dear! =) haven't heard from you in a while.you doing good?

ANGEL_onLINE said...

i'd move on. hard though in the initial stages (believe me,i've been through that), as long as u pick up the pieces and live life to the fullest, then there's nothing to agonize any longer. show the man that u can live a better life without him and find a better person. why give up a forest for a single tree ? it's not that he'll understand what your friend is going thru.it's just self-pity and self-torture :)