Friday, July 3, 2009

How Far Is Far?

When someone tells you, "you'll go far in life!"

What comes to mind?


Far.. How far is far? I used to say that to several people. The really smart ones, the really determined ones, the ones who know where they want to go and where they want to end up, and the ones who know what they want from their lives. I am neither.

When someone told me that recently, I froze for a moment. Me? Far? Where? I can't picture myself any further than next week! I'm pretty clueless and I just am not sure what I really want or what I dare to want from this life.

I'm just living each day on what God wants me to do. I plan ahead, but when it comes to my life or my future, I'm at point blank. Far... far really seems too distant to be imagined. I narrowed down what I want to do but I'm uncertain.. and afraid.

I really have no idea how far is going to be like. How is far like? Can I reach 'far'? How far is far??

2 comments:

Tarrant Kwok said...

Far is as far as you want it to go.

Carmen said...

True.. :) But I'm not sure I can reach far. Oh well, I'll leave it to God. :)