Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Renewed and refreshed

Went for a counselling session with Mr Ernest today at mom's office. I have to confess, I was scared stiff before it. Mr Ernest had a reputation of being strict, straight forward and the things he says can come with a pinch of salt.

I had to call him to confirm our appointment and it had to be today. I was so caught off guard! I was pretty worked up when I had to call. I didn't know what he'll say and I'm just afraid. So I called Eunice to stable my nerves and talked to Mel (suppose to drop the ms,but it feels stiff.. ;p i need some time to work on this bit) to get some advice. Well thank God the call was quick and real brief.

5 finally came but I was still on the way there. Not only was I not prepared to see a counselor, I was late and I was underdressed. So I ended up going in shorts, t-shirt and slippers. And you know what? He wore the same thing! HAhA!!! Well his house is just right behind my mom's office so he didn't dress up for it. phew.. at least I didn't look so jinjang. ;p

As we talked and talked, I calmed down and my nerves relaxed. He was a nice guy. :) He shared so much of his prespective and it made me think and question myself the way I should have done ages ago.

"Survival or interest?" he asked. I had to be realistic. I wanna do something I like but would it pay my bills? I was so sure he'd tell me to be realistic and choose survival, instead he tells me to do something I like and to find ways to add on to my interest so I'd still survive.

After the long talk with me and my mom and aunt, I did a personality test. He could immediately gage my full character in minutes. He read me like an open book. He says personality is very important in determining our future and our career.

His conclusion was that Psychology is suitable for me and I'd do well if I majored in Public relations/Mass Comm/Marketing minoring in Psychology. I still wanna study Psychology and I think minoring is not a bad option. So I get to keep the dream and still be realistic. At least that's how I feel. But I still have time to think. I'll see where God leads me. :)

Well at least now I know he doesn't scare anymore and to top it all off, he didn't even charge us. If he really did.. the bill would be enough to scare me for a long time.


"God designed us in different and specific ways. We'll only move further and better if we move according to his design."

-Ernest Wong


No comments: